Friday, May 25, 2012

Stake Conference.

May 20 - Day 26.
It's crazy how the size of my ENTIRE STAKE here is the size of... maybe 2 wards back home.  Maybe.
And, I've noticed a trend in all the lessons that are taught here.  It seems like they teach everything so simplistically.  They just stick to the point.
Example?  One of the first things President Phillips (our stake Pres.) opened with today was "I am a Child of God."  Just as simple as that.  We are His children, and we learn and stand FOR HIM.  -- I think it's these simple things in life that we know- but don't really think about as much as we should.
By small and simple things, great things come to pass my friends.  It's a true statement.  This is another thing President Phillips addressed later in the meeting.  He touched on Priesthood ordinances.  And, can I just express how grateful I am for the fact that I've always lived in a home with the Priesthood present?  I've realized that these are the things in my life that I've always lived with, and never truly tried to apply myself to a situation in which I hadn't always lived with them.  ...Does that make sense.  I'm just very fortunate, having been raised into this gospel, living the way I do, and surrounding myself with the people I have.
I love every minute of my life, I don't think I regret any of it.... And I hope that will never change!  I mean, there are definitely things that I wish could happen a little differently then they do sometimes, but that's just how life has to go.  Our Father in Heaven works in mysterious ways - ways we may not understand sometimes, but nonetheless, we still have to have faith in Him.  If He's on your side, everything WILL WORK OUT the way it's supposed to.
I'm so very grateful for that fact. :)

The church is true, I love my family, my friends, and this wonderful opportunity I've been given to be in London.  Today actually marks "half-way until I'm home."  Did you know that?  Weird.  Right?  Cause that also means I've almost been here a full MONTH.  Crazy.  It really doesn't feel like that long at all.

And as a preview for next Sunday's post:  "Kenzie gives a talk"  Ha!  Our ward basically "devoted" a whole sunday just to us.  So all of us (me, Holly, Brittany, Cosette, and Lacey) are speaking - and singing too!  Fun times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment