Yes. Ha.
SHAKESPEARE'S GLOBE THEATRE
is what I toured today. -The replica, that is, since the
original is very very gone. Haha...
First though, since Ariel, Becca and I got there early (yes, you did just read/hear me say that I got somewhere
early- try to not be too shocked.) and stopped to take a few pictures in front of the Millennium Bridge w/St. Paul's Cathedral in the back :) ...and other misc. pictures. Ha!
 |
| Millennium Bridge, St. Paul's Cathedral, Me, and my (failed-attempt at scrunch-curling) crazy lion hair :) |
 |
| Millennium Bridge :) |
 |
| So... the Thames is kinda gross.... |
 |
| Ducks! Haha... |
 |
Becca and the ducks :)
She got one of me too... but it's on her camera... |
Then... The Globe!!!
We went on a tour, during which one of the international casts for Richard III was rehearsing! So unfortunately I couldn't take pictures in the actual theatre on the tour, but the good/cool thing was that we got to watch part of their rehearsal! Super awesome. --Even though we didn't understand much, since it was in Arabic...
And, I'm going back tomorrow to actually
see a play (Othello!). So... maybe I'll get to take pictures then? We'll see.
 |
| GLOBE! |
 |
| GLOBE! |
 |
| Me, with the Globe :) |
 |
| Awesome artsy Shakespeare timeline. |
 |
GORGEOUS painting by Rosalind Lyons Hudson, titled "Fleance"
This picture doesn't do the painting justice... |
 |
| Mini Scale Model of the Globe! |
 |
| Shakespeare printings. |
 |
| Scale model of The Rose Playhouse. SO PRETTY! |
 |
| Cool Costumes :) |
 |
Mini versions of different types of Farthingales
(Left to right: Spanish, French, Wheel) |
 |
Sweet instruments!
Bottom right? "Lute" -It has 13 strings. |
 |
Sam Wanamaker.
The one who made the building of the Globe Theatre POSSIBLE.
He's amazing. |
 |
| Sam and I. |
 |
Scale Model!!
...Psh. I'm not obsessed with mini Scale Models - Why would you say that?? |
 |
| Takin a break after the tour... |
 |
"Exit, pursued by a bear..." Hahaha...
That's not what this part of the exhibit was for, but it made me think of it :) |
 |
| Printing press stuff. I LOVE THIS... don't know why exactly, but I find it amusing to look at. |
 |
| Cool collaged wall :) |
 |
| The Wall and me. |
 |
| I really like this... not sure why. |
 |
MINI ELLIPSOIDAL PINSPOT LIGHTS!!!
Why, yes. I'm a lighting electrician. |
So.... Once upon a time, as part of the Shakespeare exhibition, there were these two ladies who were going to do a demonstration on Shakespearian clothing/costuming. One of the ladies started walking down the line of us sitting there, almost walked past me, but then stopped, looked at me, and said "How would you like to be our volunteer?"
I'm OFFICIALLY CONVINCED that one of the reasons I am on this trip is to help me become more outgoing and comfortable in front of people. Because this isn't the first time I've been used as a volunteer/example of something. (Tim has made me stand up in class a few times now...)
 |
| Me, as they decide which Shakespeare character to dress me as.... |
 |
I left, and came back wearing THIS loverly and flattering...thing.
Ready to be dressed up as a character from "A Winter's Tale" -- I think they said Emilia?
I've never seen A Winter's Tale-- so, I'm not sure. |
 |
| They added "guarders" to the top of the stockings to keep them up. |
 |
| Adding the shoes... |
 |
| Adding the Farthingale. |
 |
| Now for the skirt atop the farthingale. |
 |
| On it goes! |
 |
Talking about the length of the skirt. - How, normally it probably wouldn't be quite this short
(I was taller then they thought, cause I had been sitting on the ground when they picked me as a volunteer)
but the point was that it wouldn't touch the ground. |
 |
| Putting on the top layer. |
 |
| Lacing it up... |
 |
| Aw... for cute! |
 |
| And the little apron-ish thing, to keep the skirt clean :) |
 |
| Almost finished! |
 |
| The hat... I wish I could remember the actual name of this piece... |
 |
And the 2nd hat - made of a material that's "waterproof"
(Same material the top of the Globe is made out of!) |
 |
Sitting up, all prim and proper!
--As, with this outfit, you can't sit any other way. Ha! |
 |
| MILLENNIUM BRIDGE! |
 |
| See the Tower Bridge?? |
 |
| Then we discovered we could "hold" the Globe... ;) |
 |
| "I've got the whole world - in my hands!" |
 |
| I know... I'm obsessed. |
 |
| Another, and better picture of St. Paul's Cathedral :) |
And, of course... the souvenirs I purchased at the Globe today :)
For Liz (Ballif): Is this the same "Out. Damned Spot! Ou. I Say!" eraser you have?? Hahaha...
And for Liz (Griffiths): I FOUND A MAGNET! AND A PIN! "Exit, pursued by a bear."
Haha... Such great times :)
 |
| And... I found the bag humorous :) |
After these beautiful adventures of the day, we stopped by a Starbucks on the way home (it was FREEZING today), got some hot cocoa, a muffin, and went back to the Flat. Followed by some "readers theatre" of "As You Like It," and just some relaxing, talking, story telling, lots of laughing and lots of us blogging. :)
And I was even privileged enough to help time pass for my dear Audrey Sue tonight while she was at work. Haha... Regardless of the time difference, we still find times to talk on Facebook ;)
Another wonderful day and piece of life :)
G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment