Friday, May 25, 2012

A Day of War.

May 22. Day 28.
First off - a bug has been roaming around the flats lately.  And by "bug" I mean everybody's been getting sick.  Not a literal gross creepy bug.  Anyhoo.  I was determined that I wasn't going to catch this bug.  But... guess what!  I did.  Nothing like waking up feeling like you've been hit by a train!  It's okay though.  It was still a great day (even if I couldn't breathe...)

We started the morning with going to the Imperial War Museum.
Here, I learned a few things:
1)  It's interesting to see how things happened during the World Wars, according to a different side.
2)  It's crazy how seeing actual artifacts and such makes everything even MORE real (even if they're replicas of the real things)
3)  It's pathetic how much I've forgotten about the history of...well...anything to do with the wars.  But, I guess that's what happens when you haven't taken a serious history class in.... 3 years?  ...A long time.
4)  The Holocaust was a RIDICULOUSLY HORRIBLE EVENT.  I knew this beforehand, but my hatred toward it has just been greatly increased from the Holocaust Exhibit.  Gah!  Really.  I teared up and cried throughout the exhibit.  It makes me sick, angry, tense and sad - all at the same time - even just thinking about it right now!  I just.....don't understand.  Why?   Could someone please explain to me HOW any of that was "right?"  Cause--it wasn't.  At all.
Imperial War Museum
Some of the Recruiting posters for the war were kinda harsh.  In my mind at least.... 

I WENT THERE! 
Area talking to the women about conserving... 


Anyhoo.

Some of us then headed back to the flat - which I had planned to do, since I was beginning to feel more like a train hit me as the day went on, and needed something to make my head better.  So we came home, took a bit of a rest, then off to....

WAR HORSE!!!



DEFINITELY one of the plays I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for.  And it was b-e-a-utiful. Really.  I'm not sure what else to say.
And, again.  I cried.  What's the point of war again?  Please.  Someone explain.

Regardless of being filled with war, tears and hatred toward people torturing innocent people, --oh, and feeling like I was hit by a train --it's been all in all a wonderful day :)
-- Oh, and did I mention there was SUN today?  (Did ya catch on from the pictures?)  SO great.  We've missed it. :)
Lots of love from London!

No comments:

Post a Comment