Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sleep. Market. Covent Garden. Matilda.

This morning?  Not really sure- as I didn't wake up until 11!  But, definitely worth it.  I was a tired girl.  But it also led to a most wonderful day with some of the girls I haven't hung with much yet.
After I finally got up, showered, and we all worked on our papers for Hay Fever for a bit, we made our way to the tube on Gloucester Road, and rode down to King's Cross station.  ...And got more Platform 9 3/4 pictures :)  Haha...
Definitely worth it, cause I felt cuter today for pictures :)
Time to go to Hogwarts :) 
After that, we went to Camden Market street - a bunch of little street shops, food places and what not, all crammed together, all pretty cheap (compared to others, that is).  It reminded me a lot of the fashion district in LA, actually.  --But somehow I felt safer here?...Go figure.
Camden Market.
Street of Shops... Really, not the best picture I could have taken.
Haha... This is what the little yellow squares are in between words on the giant "Camden Market" sign. :)
I found it humorous...
We then made our way to Covent Gardens.  Another area with shops and such - but actual stores, not just street shops.  And street performers!!  Loved the street performers.  Except the creeper man who was fitting himself through a tennis racquet.  *Shivers still sent down the spine.*  He was... special, odd, creepy? 
Gold "Statue" Performer!
Jasmine went up, put money in his box, and he leaned down, shook her hand, and gave her a kiss on the cheek!
Haha... He was super entertaining to watch.  Amazing how still he can stand!
Magician Street Performer!
This guy blew up a long "snake" balloon and ATE IT.
Yup.  Once he got it down, he popped it.
My mind is still blown from this experience. 

"I'm going to fit myself through a tennis racquet" guy.
Creeper. Man.
This is when he popped his shoulder out of socket/arm/everything.
And yes, it did look like the moment in Harry Potter where his arm is turned to jello.
He flopped it around (jello, I tell you!) and put it in positions an arm should never be able to move into.
Gross.  Really.
Why, yes.  Yes he actually did get it down that far.
I assume he got all the way through it after that... but we left at this point.
Slightly/a lot disturbing.
As we made our way to the theatre, still with time to kill, Jasmine remembered about this place called "Forbidden Planet" that wasn't too far from our theatre that she wanted to go to.  It's a "Cult Entertainment Megastore" --Really.  That's what it says outside as part of the title.  Haha.  But it actually was pretty cool!  Even though I'm not super into a lot of "paraphernalia" for movies and such, there were a few things I enjoyed :)
Time Turner.  If this baby weren't £120 - I would most definitely consider purchasing it.   
Coolest thing ever!!! Bake a cupcake, right into a teacup!
Once again-- with a cute robot guy! :)
Then, as we were walking to the theatre, Holly and I were hungry, as we hadn't eaten with the rest of the group.  We found this adorable little place called "Candy Cakes," which had cupcakes, along with sandwiches and other things.  But obviously we had to get one of their cupcakes too!
Amaretto flavor :)
And do you SEE the sparkles on top???
Definitely the thing that caught my eye about their cupcakes :)
The "Seven Dials Court" - Where our theatre was for the play... :) 

Then.  
I can't even contain my excitement! 
Matilda: The Musical.

Outside of the Theatre!
Sounds a little odd?  That's definitely what I thought at first.  But, I absolutely loved it!  With ALL my heart.  Everything about it was beautiful.  Set design?  CRAZY cool - very Scrabble-esque, everything made out of squares and letters.  The lighting?  ALSO CRAZY COOL.  Bright, BOLD colors used everywhere - crazy effects with moving lights, and somehow none of it distracted from the play itself.  Every lighting effect added to what I was experiencing in the story.  The actors?  Ohhh goodness.  Can we say TALENTED CHILDREN???  That, my friends, is definitely what they were.
I've never read the actual book - only seen the movie.  And now, I would love to read the book.  Maybe it's just the little girl inside me, the fact of how much I love anything new, technical and artistic, OR the fact of how much I just love COLOR (which this definitely had) --'cause others of the group didn't seem to enjoy it quite as much as I did.  But, for me, this was by far one of the best musicals I've ever seen.  :)  It just made me giddy inside.  I would definitely see it again, given the chance.
The STAGE.  All that chaotic craziness?
"Scrabble" type pieces.  Bajillions of them.
And this one was after the play.  -Different lighting.  Prettiness :)
And, of course, standing by the sign. :)
Anyhoo.  Another day in London.  Life is wonderful. :)  And... I really kind of can't believe I've been here a whole week now.  Weird.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I have been leaving comments, but I just found out that I have to wait and add a little thing that I am not a robot. So for you I will add my comments again... just a little late! I am so jealous! I want to see Matila! Thanks for the pic of the stage... Acacia would so love that! Going to go look for it right now!

    ReplyDelete