Thursday, April 26, 2012

Living A Dream.

... Or living IN a dream.  Whichever works.  It's felt like a mix of the 2 all day.  


Part I:  Dream.
I, Mckenzie Ann Ottley, am IN LONDON.  Don't know how that happened.  (aside from the literal answer of "on a plane!" *cough- which would be dad's answer!*)


I started out the day yesterday morning, leaving for the airport at 9am.  Got on a plane, and was off by 11:30am.  We arrived in Chicago around 3:30pm (Chicago time).  We were supposed to get on our connecting flight around 6, but it was delayed until 6:55.  Then came time for the whopping 8 hour plane ride!  Good times.  During said flight, we got dinner AND breakfast.  Weird.  
Pretty legit dinner, right?  - I thought it was. 
And came London.  Lush, pure green, beautiful-ness.  Definitely a picture in my head I'll never forget as we flew into the airport.


Part II:  Lost in London.
Luckily (for me, the most definitely directionally challenged) there were a few of us who had ended up on the same connecting flights, so we had friends to find our way to our Flats!  Now that it was 10:10am on WEDNESDAY (confusing. Let me tell ya) we purchased our Tube passes, exchanged a few $$ for some pounds and jumped on the Tube.  We were to get off at Gloucester street, turn, and basically just walk to our flat.  However, we learned very quickly that Tube doors close quite fast... Therefore, dear Brittany was left alone--and we waved as she was left off the Tube and the others of us continued down the line.  We got off the next stop, said a prayer - knew everything would be fine, and made our way to find our flat with almost full directions.  No worries, we made it.  :)  Even in the pouring rain, dragging our GIANT suitcases along.

Front Door!
My Room!

My Bunk :)
Fun times. 

Part III:  Bieber, Dinner, The Eye and BIG BEN.
Why, yes.  Yes you did just read "Bieber" in a blog post from me.  Great times though.  :)  He's staying in a hotel down the street from us while he's here promoting his new album.  As we were walking out to dinner tonight, we came upon this: 
A BUNCH of teeny-bopper girls, standing outside the hotel, screaming at the top of their lungs for Justin to come out.  Hahaha... It was definitely an experience to watch :)  And I will admit, we did hang back for a while to see if he would in reality come out.  Apparently he did eventually-or at least to the window to wave.  Funny article relating to the crazy girls and Bieber?  See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9225791/Justin-Bieber-obsessed-fans-deluge-London-hotel-with-2000-fake-calls.html

Dinner at "Wagamama" = WAY good.  Asian deliciousness. 



Then, onto the Tube again. ...This time to see the London EYE, and BIG BEN.  

I can't wait to actually ride this soon :)
Pretty, isn't it???
Big Ben - really is just that.  Truly BIG BEN.  Gorgeous.  Really, don't know how to even describe it.  And awesomely cool at night with the lights on top :) 

Part IV:  Back to the flat.
Tube again, then the flat.  Life is good in the flat.  Nice, cozy place.  I'll take more pics and put them up later.  

There you have it.  Day 1 (plus a half).  Jet lag with a 7 hour time difference is hard to fight.  I'll tell ya that much.  Pretty sure I fell asleep every time we got on the tube - along with a lot of the other girls. 
Off to bed :)

1 comment:

  1. Big Ben is gorgeous! I don't remember the green... Your flat is gorgeous... nice on picking up the lingo! I have never seen the eye... it was being built while I was there... not completed until the end of that year... cool though! Your flat is super nice. My walls actually looked like a gradient on photoshop, White at the top to dingy grey at the bottom! Combination Washer and Dryer, no dishwasher and I honestly have no idea if there was a stove... I think I did cook pasta on it... Cooking is not my strong suit! This is my last catch up entree. From now on I will wait and confirm that I am not a robot and then you can see my comment! USELESS! Love you kid... not really ignoring you! Just wildly impatient!

    ReplyDelete