Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 2. - It's only been 2?

I think it's all still a little foreign (ha. -No pun intended.) to us that we're here.  We all still feel like it's just a weekend trip, not 6 1/2 weeks.
Life is beautiful in London though.  :)  A few of us started out walking through Hyde Park this morning (on the Princess Diana Memorial walk way!) going to see the Peter Pan statue that's there, and ending up on the other side to a tube stop which we took across the way to Primark. 
Front Gate of Hyde Park

Hyde Park :)

Princess Di Memorial Walk

Peter Pan Statue
Primark!
 - A store with some pretty cheap clothes, and some more expensive, as well as home essential stuff - aka: towels.  Which we needed.  Yay for clean hair!!  Haha.  And I also purchased 2 pillows, for £3!  Not the best pillows in the world, but much better than the one I had... So, after that we returned to the flat to drop off our stuff, grabbed a bite to eat, then we were off again!  This time to the Parliament house & Westminster Abbey - which also meant seeing Big Ben(!) again, since they're all next to each other and what not.  
Inside the Parliament House (The part where taking pictures is allowed, that is)

The Tag we had to wear in the Parliament house - I look like I'm half laughing, half terrified in my picture...
Westminster Abbey
Then we started wandering the Westminster streets, and ended up in St. James Park.  I realized why I love big cities - they have SO MANY THINGS to look at and do!  INCLUDING the most amazingly gorgeous, wonderful parks. :)  But, for real.  I remember my favorite thing about New York was definitely Central Park.  Now, with all these parks in London, I'm just in heaven.  I could easily just wander through the park all day and be as happy as a little kid in a candy shop.  Also, I'm SO easily amused by the animals that wander around like you're not even there.  No fear in them at all - just, ya know, wander right up to you.  Kind of a little terrifying sometimes.  

St. James's Park :) - See how pretty!??

Pigeons.  Are.  Everywhere.  And yes, they do just come up to you like it's no one's business.
St. James's Park Lake. -SUPER pretty.
With nothing less than the London EYE in the background :)  (on the right)
To Leesha: We WILL be going on this.  Or at least, I will. You should too when you get here though. 

And... Along with the Pigeons, there's squirrels.
One of which I was nearly attacked by as I tried to take a picture.  It's scary when they're not scared of you!!!
After wandering the park, we were all getting pretty tired, and started realizing the lack of smaller food places open, thus, we made our way back to the tube.  We got off on Gloucester Road, and made our way home, stopping at Tesco for groceries on the way there.  I have food!  Yay!  Not a lot - mainly just PB&J sandwiches, bananas, some yogurt and cheese.  Nothing too fancy.  -Oh, I did get english muffins though :)  Ha.  There's the fancy part of me.  

See? Bread, bananas, nutella, PB (organic!), and english muffins.

Cheese, yogurt, and jelly...
Which brings me to: The difference between Jam & Jelly.  Ha!  So, I've heard oh SO many people talk about the difference, never truly understanding.  Until tonight, I saw a little thing of jelly and thought "can't be so bad...right?"  And really, it isn't.  It's just... more like the texture of Jello, trying to be jam?  Yeah... odd. 
And ALSO, speaking of odd -- Has anyone else realized that my hair is STILL STRAIGHT?  Weird.  Right?  Somehow the humidity hasn't managed to get to it - even though it's been raining the last two days... I think if I find a cheap flat iron (no judging Rach!), I may actually purchase it - now that I know it might actually be worth it... 
Anyhoo- so, that was pretty much day 2 :)  Just roaming streets and such - ya know, livin the life.  
Oh, and tomorrow we start class...! (?)  I don't think any of us are too sure whether we're excited for that or not.  But I guess we'll find out! 
Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot about Peter Pan.. he is in Hook you know? The squirrels and pigeons are way too used to the tourists! In Trafalga Square you would walk up sit on a bench thinking... I am human, I have a right, they will move! But they won't. They just sit there... pooping like they own the place! You feel like shouting... "Fear me! I am human and will eat you!" I will not because they have diseases... maybe there are not enough people frying them up for the appropriate fear!

    ReplyDelete