Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First of the Second

First day of classes in my Second semester here at BYU.  So far, it's been a success!  Minus my freak-out moment this morning, waking up at 8:30am instead of 7am... But luckily I didn't really NEED to leave until 9:15.  (Christmas break made my already-horrible-sleeping-schedule to an even-more-horrible-sleep-schedule--that must be fixed.)  Somehow I still made it to Book of Mormon --early even!  


Ok.  And now, Book of Mormon- COOLEST building/classroom.  Ever.  Walking into the Karl G. Maeser Building is easily like traveling back in time and walking into a different world.  I think I speak for the whole class when I say the little details of our classroom are super cool.  A few of these things included:
1. A Balcony of seats, up above the main floor.
2. A beautifully painted portrait of Karl G. Maeser, that was hidden behind the projector screen when we first walked in. 
3. A gorgeously carved, wooden pulpit, that looks stationary- but no, it's portable.  And....
4. A Normal-looking, old-fashioned wall that has a Chalkboard, secretly hidden behind sliding doors.
Yes. Our classroom is most definitely the best.


After that, I went for a loverly run with my dear friend, Audrey Sue, on the Smith Fieldhouse track- good times, and good exercise. :)


Then after a simple lunch and relaxation time in the Wilk, I got a text from my dear student teacher, Kristy Kadish, from theatre last year- who happened to be on BYU campus, visiting from New York!  Huspaz!  She came, found me, and we had a most lovely reuniting talk. :)


Now… My ONE theatre class this semester, Lighting Design!  Yes.  I am most definitely going to enjoy this class.  "Why?" You ask?  1- My teacher is my boss, who is pretty much awesome.  2- It's lighting.  Let's get real.  and 3- …If you know me well enough, you'll understand.


Anyhoo- That's my life.  Simple, happy, and loving it. :)  <-- if you couldn't tell from the smiley faces. :D


Now, the true question is how I'll be after classes tomorrow…


Song of the Moment:  It's Gotta Be Love - Lee DeWyze

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT. And yes, the Maeser is SUCH a beautiful building. I've had a class in the balcony room you've described and thought it was just wonderful. I'm so glad you're liking your classes so far! That's always a good sign :)

    Also - I LOVE that you now have a blog, and I must say I am a fan of the layout and design. You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog... typing with three fingers- decided incomplete sentences r best... casey loves your music the gambler - he says you have good taste in music- nice little compliment!

    ReplyDelete